Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Provide leadership and oversight to National Account Leaders. Develop and implement strategic growth of national accounts.
- Identify strategic customers and developing action plans for growth.
- Ensure Leaders understand customer needs, metrics and SOP's.
- Develop customer on-boarding processes which ensure commitment to meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Collaborate with General Managers-Pricing on pricing new bids and new opportunities (projects) with existing customers.
- Provide and communicate necessary information with designated department personnel; conduct necessary follow up related to all negotiated terms of doing business.
- Foster team environment and provide necessary support to Account Leaders and/or Managers.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Skills: Must possess exceptional leadership and communication skills. Must be results oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency and purpose. Must be able to collaborate across departments/lines of business and drive exceptional results. Must be able to develop others. Must be knowledgeable of Transportation Management System (TMS) systems. Must possess quantitative and qualitative analysis skills with superior problem solving abilities. Must be able to operate in a busy, demanding, and highly motivated environment.
- Education: Bachelors in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience Required: 7+ years' experience in sales or customer relations management required. Prior leadership/supervisory experience required. Previous 3PL (Third Party Logistics) preferred.