Marketing Communications Management–Management: The Director of Marketing is responsible for all corporate communications (website, email, social, blog, external publications, etc). This role interacts with internal departments and external vendors to develop a communication campaign for all stakeholders. You will serve as the single point of contact for corporate communications. You must be a world-class individual contributor but love to collaborate with others as you know it yields the best results. You will work with individuals’ stakeholders, your own team, and the creative/content teams to develop and execute the communication plans.
- Be responsible for all electronic communications
- Determine appropriateness and timing of messages based on company climate
- Ensure that communication is consistent throughout all channels to eliminate messaging gaps
- Manage essential and time-critical communications activities
- Research, edit, and write communication materials, including press releases, blog articles, presentations, speeches, public service announcements, featured articles, executive presentations, and upcoming events
- You will handle all non-public safety press inquiries, as well as provide print & broadcast interviews as needed
You will lead a team, so leadership skills come with the territory. Your team will prepare sales aides, advertising, and public relations projects, and recommends the channel best suited to sell specific products or services based on customer segmentation.
You and your team will optimize the company’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes responses to social media inquiries, and the content on the LifeVantage Blog. Coordinate all television appearances of staff interviews.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include (others may be assigned):
- Lead corporate communications efforts, keeping all communications on brand and on message.
- Act as a point of contact for all corporate communications, Public Relations, and social media.
- Successfully incorporate social media into Public Relations and SEO strategies.
- Will work with other internal departments to ensure accurate and timely press releases are appropriately released into the market.
- Create consistent and compelling internal and external messaging, demonstrate ROI, set metrics and develop global visions.
- The ability to create newsworthy content, develop story ideas and follow through with pitch leads and creative digital execution.
- Develop plans for crisis management situations.
- Maintain Corporate Communication Calendar.
- Maintain quality standards for the Marketing Department.
- Supervise and provide training, coaching, direction and leadership to direct reports.
- Hire and oversee external agencies or contractors as needed.
- Work requires occasional travel and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- At least a bachelor's degree in Marketing Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or another related area.
- 7+ years of marketing communications or public relations experience.
- Preferably at least 2+ years of experience managing a team of people.
- MLM/Network Marketing experience is essential
- Knowledge of conducting market research, planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful communication efforts.
You’ve got to have these skills in order to be considered (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Strong sense of building brands by telling remarkable, consistent stories.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with employees, distributors, vendors and company contacts.
- Competent in Apple’s Operating System with working knowledge of software like Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a huge plus.
- Proficient in leveraging Social Media networks for marketing purposes and related monitoring tools.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to kick ass with little supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.