Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
Director of Nursing Services (RN)
Location: Richmond Beach Rehab - 19235 15th Ave. NW Shoreline, WA 98177
At Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members.
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe. Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to COVID-19 here.
- Free meals to all employees
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring free counseling services, financial coaching, legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Services Department to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Develop a written plan of care for each resident and review all medical and nursing treatments to ensure they are in accordance with the resident's care plan and wishes.
- Implement and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the nursing department, and monitor the facility's QI, QM and survey reports.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAAs and Triggers.
- Review and revise care plans and assessments, and ensure that all personnel involved in providing care are aware of the resident's care plan.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
- Participate in and develop reviews of the discharge plans and prepare reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
- Monitor nursing care to ensure that all nursing personnel follow established departmental policies and procedures.
- Review nurses' notes to determine if the care plan is being followed.
- Determine the staffing needs and work assignments of the nursing department necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents.
- Provide leadership training that includes the administrative and supervisory principles essential for Resident Care Managers and Charge Nurses.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Prepare, plan and operate under the nursing department budget.
- Participate in state and federal surveys of the facility; assist the Administrator in reviewing deficiencies and developing plans of correction.
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must have a minimum 3 years of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
- Must have a minimum 6 months of experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Richmond Beach Rehab is a 140-bed skilled nursing community caring for seniors in the Shoreline, Washington area since 1994. Their services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite care. It is a calm, warm, and friendly environment.
The engaged, long-standing team at Richmond Beach Rehab recognize outstanding employees through monthly appreciation events. Some staff members have been in the community for over 23 years.
The community gives back locally and partners with local preschools for various events.
Quality care is important to the Richmond Beach Rehab team. The American Health Care Association recognized Richmond Beach Rehab for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program .
In early 2020, Richmond Beach continued to uphold one of their core values - to enhance the life of every person they serve - by opening a dedicated, temporary COVID-19 recovery unity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get to know more about Richmond Beach Rehab on their website and Facebook .