Director of Pharmacy Services
New York City Health & Hospitals Corp.
New York, NY
About NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals Harlem Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem community since 1887. The hospital provides a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic and family support services to the residents of Central Harlem, West Harlem, Washington Heights and Inwood. Harlem is the largest hospital in the area, capable of treating the most seriously ill. Harlem provides over 90 specialized ambulatory care services, dentistry and oral surgery, behavioral health services, and community substance abuse treatment.
Under direction, formulates, plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the Pharmacy services and programs in a health care setting, promoting effective functioning and operations of inpatient, outpatient and satellite pharmacies in coordination with other professional and administrative disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, recommends and implements pharmaceutical service programs consistent with the medication needs of the patients, including control and accountability of drug products throughout the health care setting.
- Selects Pharmacy personnel, guides them in their performance, trains and reviews their performance, makes recommendations regarding the efficiency of department personnel (their performances, potential and development), and follows through in accordance with Corporation’s policies and programs in personnel and labor relations on such matters as compensation, classification, training programs, discipline, employee morale, grievance resolution, etc.
- Directs pharmaceutical personnel with respect to compounding and dispensing of drugs in accordance with prescribed policies and standards and legal requirements, requisitioning and procurement of drugs and pharmaceutical supplies, inventory control and maintenance, storage of supplies and their issuance and maintenance of such controls and standards, orderliness and cleanliness of Pharmacy area, and inspection programs.
- Develops and prepares department budgets and makes recommendations regarding staffing patterns, Pharmacy health care settings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy; and
- Possession of a valid New York State Pharmacy license; and
- Eight (8) years of satisfactory, full-time experience as a Licensed Practicing Pharmacist, of which at least four (4) years shall have been in an administrative, managerial and supervisory capacity in a Pharmacy in a hospital, health or medical care facility; and
- Ability to formulate, develop and implement pharmacy service programs and to direct and supervise pharmacy service personnel and staff activities; and
- Ability to work effectively with administrative staff, medical and nursing personnel, and to coordinate Pharmacy programs and activities throughout the facility; or
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Hospital Pharmacy Administration or a related subject and six (6) years of satisfactory, full-time experience as a Licensed Pharmacist, of which at least two (2) years shall have been in an administrative, managerial and supervisory capacity in a Pharmacy in a hospital, health or medical care facility; and
- Meet requirements in (1), (2), (4) and (5) above; or
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) preferred
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now"