Virta is the first treatment that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably without medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional science and telehealth are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta Health is looking for an experienced candidate to lead our product marketing function, with a particular focus on health plan and employer markets. This individual will be responsible for driving Virta’s B2B go-to-market strategy and execution, including: product-level positioning, product packaging, sales team enablement, and deal-specific support.
We are looking for someone with deep experience in the healthcare industry, as well as someone who can synthesize complex product capabilities into succinct benefits. This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role, focused on answering the question: how do we accelerate sales to health plans and employers?
***This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location!***
- Lead go-to-market efforts for Virta Health’s treatment, including driving key strategic decisions around packaging, positioning, distribution
- Partner closely with Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Clinical Operations teams to develop messaging and positioning for health plan and employer leaders
- Produce high-quality external content to support the go-to-market and marketing efforts, including sales presentations, solution guides, and demo videos
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Success to inspire, motivate, and track the impact of products and go-to-market strategies
- Conduct competitive and market intelligence, as well as win/loss analysis to inform product positioning and remove key obstacles to sales
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Conduct stakeholder interviews with sales and customer success team, as well as external buyers and influencers, to understand and catalogue key points of friction in sales process
- Develop market-facing messaging and tools to activate channel partners, including health plans and consultants, to educate them on Virta’s new product offerings
- Develop messaging, training, and marketing “plays” for customer success team to maximize customer renewals and upsell opportunities
- Build out calendar and plan for product-oriented thought leadership
- 5+ years in the healthcare industry
- 5+ years working experience in product marketing or strategy consulting
- Phenomenal storyteller; experience building stellar customer-facing presentations and partnering with design teams to make them beautiful
- Comfortable utilizing and manipulating data to drive decisions
- BS/BA required, MBA preferred
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.