Director Product Engineering
Director, Product Engineering
Location: Remote in the NJ, NY, PA, CT area. Must be commutable to the Berkley Heights, NJ area
Our client in the contract packing space is growing exponentially year after year due to their ability to create innovative and unique packaging designs and solutions. They are always adding amazing talent to continue to push the business forward. You will lead the Project Engineers to ensure the satisfaction of the customers and the highest quality and innovation in the market.
Responsible for project management of key customer projects and interfacing with salespeople and customers
- Reviewing initial customer briefs with New Business Development (NBD Team), Sales and Manufacturing Sites to ensure the projects are properly quoted and designed
- Executing and reviewing initial and detailed product designs and drawings
- Review and analysis of tooling qualification data and samples
- Review of customer artwork and die lines, working with the factories and customers to resolve technical issues or concerns
- Work closely with the global manufacturing sites on troubleshooting and problem solving for launch and existing items.
- Interfacing with sales, factories and our Customers daily and act as the technical liaison for all 3 groups.
- Lead clear communication of complex technical matters to non-technical audience when needed
- 3d CAD modeling and preliminary engineering of new design concepts and product ideas to drive new sales
Responsible for daily line management of project engineering staff
- A total of 5 direct reports, currently 3 Project Engineers
- Lead and coach the Project Engineering team in manufacturing processes and integration of industry best practices
- Ensuring proper management and tracking of project timelines and on-time execution for self and direct reports
- Review current development processes and systems with a result of standardizing and strengthen.
- Lead frequent communications of manufacturing requirements and product details to various global manufacturing locations and teams to ensure customers’ expectations are met.
You will bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in the personal care or cosmetic industry in a leadership role r
- Experience working with a multiple site operations
- Experience working with domestic and international team members highly desired
- Proficient in computer and software skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priority setting