Director, Sustainability Research
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Director Sustainability Research in our Boston, MA location.
Schneider Electric has set up an external-facing Sustainability Research Institute, as a continuation of long-term prospective activities previously run internally. The purpose of this Institute is to deliver unique contributions to the global sustainability debate at hand. This position consists of driving research activities on select themes as well as external engagements with outside partners in the global research ecosystem.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Champion a key theme of research – bring a differentiated voice
- Drive research agenda for a selected theme: literature review, modelling activities, differentiated perspectives, etc.
- Publish internal papers: reading notes, corporate research papers, etc.
- Publish external publications, as part of the Sustainability Research Institute: see https://perspectives.se.com/research
- Develop the external ecosystem of relations between Schneider Electric and other research institutes (NGOs, Universities, other companies, etc.)
Support Schneider Electric positioning / advocacy in regions
- Work with Government / Industrial affairs teams in regions and support them thru publications and launch, ad-hoc requests for advocacy, and developing a sound strategy of advocacy on key themes under scope
- Work with Marketing teams to help finetune messaging / external communication strategy when relevant
- Work with BUs management / strategy team to help push boundaries of strategic thinking on key themes of research
- Work on consecutive ad-hoc projects (and drive some of them), together with other strategy groups to help position the company in the mid-term.
Contribute to overall management system, strategy positioning of the research institute
- Support elaboration of a global agenda of the Research Institute
- Contribute to define the long-term positioning strategy of the Research Institute, its contribution in the ecosystem as well as its ties with other external organizations
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Around 8-10 years of experience in strategy, research, and consulting, ideally industrial energy transition. Experience in think tank or government administration are a plus.
- Bachelor or above degree in the relevant Engineering or Economics, MBA is a plus
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Business proficiency in a second language is preferred.
- Good business acumen and judgment
- Strong analytical skills ability to screen and quickly absorb information on various topics from multiple sources and synthesize it to make meaningful recommendations
- Excellent writing abilities
- International, multi-cultural mind-set and approach
- Strong organization and project planning skills; structured way of working; ability to work under time pressure; Good attention to detail
- Able to work in a matrix mode
- Strong communication skills
- Engaged and hard-working
- Autonomous and flexible
About the Company
Alliance of Professionals & Consultants, Inc. (APC), is an award-winning, ISO 9001:2015 certified business in operation since 1993. Its focus is finding & placing top IT, marketing, engineering, energy, and other highly skilled talent. Additionally, APC offers a full suite of contract labor-related business solutions for mid- to large-sized companies. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, the Native American-owned company has satellite offices throughout the US, with Professionals currently engaged on assignments in 40+ US states and six countries abroad.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.