Director, US Patient Marketing - Metabolics
Director, US Patient Marketing - Metabolics
My client, a global, publicly traded, rare disease division of a larger pharma company, is based in Boston MA. They combine groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening, and often ultra-rare diseases. The company’s scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of that play an important role in the body's immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. They are driven by the following values: Find Answers, Change the World, and Create a Legacy.
This patient-centric organization offers a collaborative culture of like-minded individuals gathered around a common goal. Smart, driven, high-performing colleagues for you to partner with! Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you can make a real difference!
They have the best of both worlds at this organization…the autonomy to be the experts in the field that they are, but also the backing and resources of large pharma to support them. They have a solid rare disease pipeline with 8-10 launches anticipated in the next couple of years!
Currently seeking a Director, US Patient Marketing to join their team. This is for a pre-launch ultra-rare metabolic disease that will be competing in a space that has not had a new product in 30+ years. This position will have very high visibility and will be building a team closer to launch. You can be based in either Boston or Delaware.
- Strong US focused pharma/biotech marketing experience
- Patient marketing experience, branded and unbranded
- Digital marketing experience
- Launch experience required
- High energy, strong communication skills
- Rare disease experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Can be based out of the Boston office or Delaware office
As part of the metabolic U.S. commercial team, the Director, US Patient Marketing will be reporting into the US Launch Lead and partner with the US cross-functional & global teams to develop the U.S. launch strategy, execute the unbranded patient campaign, and develop and execute the branded patient campaign.
- Assess U.S. market landscape and market insights to refine and validate best-in-class go-to-market launch plan
- Develop and execute the patient strategy including both branded and unbranded tactics
- Execution and maintenance of the patient digital platform
- Support the development of the HCP and patient branded strategy and tactical plan
- Work collaboratively across US commercial team as well as key cross functional partners like patient services, patient advocacy, medical affairs, market access, legal and compliance to ensure flawless execution of launch plan
- Leverage insights and market learnings to refine and validate the patient journey and address pain points to deliver best in class patient experience in the U.S.
- Develop and execute the U.S. patient market research plan in partnership with market research lead
- Lead the development and execution plan for unbranded digital and nonpersonal promotional collateral for patients. Drive the patient unbranded communication plan across channels
- Lead the development and execution plan for Branded patient campaign, including digital and nonpersonal promotional collateral for patients. Drive the patient branded communication plan across channels
- Develop branding, brand value proposition and message platform in partnership with global marketing, medical, HEOR, patient advocacy and market access
- Manage brand AOR and other agencies as well as budget
- Minimum 8 years of experience within biotech/pharma
- Previous launch experience in the U.S. is required
- Strong digital media experience and skill set is required
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and drive best in class customer experience
- Strong strategic mindset and business acumen
- Ability to perform under pressure and to make decisions and recommendations despite uncertainty
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills and storytelling to win hearts and minds
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record and ability to drive results as an effective team member and cross-functional leader
- Must demonstrate an energy, enthusiasm and passion which brings a positive approach to all challenges and team
- Strong collaboration, relationship building / networking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High sense of ethics and responsibility
- Ability to travel as required to meet business needs
If this is close, but not the exact fit, I specialize exclusively in pharma/biotech commercial opportunities. To view my other openings, please visit:
Once to the page, you may want to bookmark it as I update it regularly. If you are interested in an opportunity, please email me, including your resume and I will reply and schedule a time to chat if there is a potential fit. AGAIN, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. I work by appointment only as I am on calls all day every day. THANK YOU!