Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Ensure guests receive clean and spotless china, silverware, and glassware. Provide Cooks, Bussers, Bartenders, and Servers with support and assistance. Keep all areas clean, dry, and safe for other workers, all the while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way.
Some of your responsibilities include:
* Operate all kitchen and dishwashing equipment safely.
* Wash dishes, glassware, equipment, and silverware by hand when necessary.
* Keep area in kitchen clean and free of debris and water.
* Restock all supplies and stock any deliveries received in a timely and safe manner.
* Remove all trash and debris from restaurant routinely.
* Assist other restaurant personnel with tasks.
* We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
* Prior experience is preferred.
* Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
* Dedicated and hardworking.
* Able to follow verbal instructions and training, and able to work with minimal direction or supervision to complete assigned tasks.
* Flexible schedule and are able to work evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.