Work with the Industry Leader!
As the most profitable and fastest growing truckload carrier, we are driven to innovate the transportation industry. Knight is a career destination for passionate and talented people seeking growth and opportunity with an industry leader.
What do we live by? The answer is simple…OUR PEOPLE! Knight Transportation is powered by people. We are committed to a culture of high expectations and exceptiAonal performance. At Knight, we hire good teammates who share our values, unselfishly take personal accountability for results, and bring innovative ideas to the table. Our people are passionate about continual learning, display honesty and mutual respect, and give their best every day.
Join our Knight Family as we offer results-driven people a place to make a difference in a stable and maturing industry.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Lead a fleet of 30+ drivers and manage driver availability to maximize productivity of their fleet. Routinely review Profit/Loss (P/L) for assigned area and find ways to maximize profitability. Develop a personal and professional relationship with each Driving Associate that leads to exceptional safety, service, equipment care, fuel performance and retention.
- Coach Driving Associates to achieve their weekly mileage goal by effectively managing home time and hours of service.
- Maximize P/L for all assigned tractors.
- Collaborate with Planner(s) and assign drivers to lanes that best serve both the company and the driver.
- Discuss each load and the service expectations with every driver on every plan.
- Personally coach each Driving Associate to identify opportunities for improvement and actively provide the training/coaching needed to help Driving Associate reach their highest potential and performance.
- Proactively communicate with Driving Associate about safety expectations including pre-trip inspections, following distance, and route conditions.
- Ensure payroll accuracy for assigned drivers.
- Provide timely and meaningful in-person reviews for each Driving Associate.
- Track freight to its final destination to ensure on time delivery.
- Work closely with sales and account teams to ensure customer has most current information.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations and perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Must be able to lead others.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in high pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Bonus pay based on company performance.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.