Title: Distance Education Coordinator
Schedule: Full Time Position
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid-Time off
Under direct supervision of the Corporate Director of Education, the Distance Education Coordinator is responsible for the development and operation of Unitech’s Distance Education programs. The Distance Education Coordinator works with faculty and staff to promote distance education delivery methods and provide student and faculty support services.
- Supports instructional design for faculty teaching distance learning courses including development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices;
- Work with Corporate Education Department to design, develop and deliver professional development, workshops and trainings as designated.
- Directs faculty development activities in the design / production of learning materials in a variety of formats which would include print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching and learning, and college information needs;
- Manages the evaluation process of Distance Learning including attendance and attrition.
- Works with IT Team to maintain updates on LMS systems.
- Enforce policy and procedures as set forth by Unitech Training Academy.
- Participate in professional development training and have knowledge of information concerning new advances and procedures in Unitech programs.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive and respectful working relationships with faculty and administration at the campuses.
- Performs audits to ensure compliance in online programs with regularity.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Duties as assigned.
Must have a minimum of one year of experience in Higher Education with a background working in distance education with proficient computer skills and knowledge of related technology required. Effective planning, communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff in a remote environment are desired.