Ashley HomeStore (Warehouse and Distribution Center), the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has immediate openings for Distribution Center Associates! No Experience Necessary and Advancement Opportunities available! A Distribution Center Associate works in a warehouse setting unloading trucks, moving, lifting, and unpacking furniture and mattresses.
UP TO: $14/hour
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
- 401k Plan
- Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloading trucks, moving, lifting, and unpacking furniture and mattresses.
- Assemble and prep furniture for delivery or pick-up.
- Ensure the company objective of total customer satisfaction and quality first expectation.
- Ability to locate merchandise in designated shipping bays for delivery.
- Responsible to repackage all returned, pulled, repaired or return to vendor merchandise prior to relocation into racks.
- Service customers by assuming all aspects of warehouse customer pickups, including unpacking, inspection, meeting customers, payment and loading.
- Must be able to safely maneuver furniture on a two-wheel dolly without the aid of another person.
- Cleaning and organizing warehouse.
- Assist with various warehouse tasks when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to communicate in the English language in both speech and writing.
- Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrates a customer focus.
- Ability to safely move up to 50 lbs. or more with assistance
- Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during shift.
- Ability to use a two-wheeler.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and walk frequently.
- Ability to work in in-door/out-door climate.
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to
adjust focus to read reports, view computer screen, etc.
- Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with others.
- Must be able to speak so that others will be able to understand.
- Will remain on one’s feet in an upright position and move about on foot.
- Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or above
- Will lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. or more with assistance; transport loads of up to 100 lbs or more.
- Will work predominately in a warehouse environment; Potential exposure to oil, latex, and spray paint, household chemicals, biological odors and household dusts; moderate office noise.
Ashley HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.