Sally Beauty is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and we have over 3,300 stores carrying over 7,000 professional products for our customers.
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven, and team-oriented leaders to maximize our sales and profitability as well as connect our customers with the beauty world and our quality beauty products. Our organized and goal-oriented District Leaders drive sales and profit growth by leading a team that enables associates to put the Customers first in our Stores. District Leaders also hire and develop a proactive team that is accountable and delivers a shopping environment that meets or exceeds customer expectations, also ensuring effective execution of Company merchandising and operational plans, and achieving sales and profit objectives. Leaders are expected to manage expenses to meet or exceed profit objective and direct all the assigned activities of a designated District, averaging 20 plus Stores. District Leaders are accountable for P/L performance of their assigned District. District covers the northern part of Houston, Texas.
- Provides leadership to deliver the customer experience to ensure an excellent customer experience to maximize sales and customer loyalty. Develops customer-focused associates through coaching. Understands the competitive landscape by observing and studying other companies to learn about current initiatives/strategies shares information with their Regional Manager.
- Assesses Store Managers, Store Manager II, and Area Manager to determine talent opportunities and impact on store performance. Consistently engages direct reports in discussions regarding their own strengths to leverage and opportunities to develop while leveraging IDP. Ensures that the Store Manager engages and develops their teams.
- Monitors controllable expenses at district/store levels to maintain acceptable levels while minimizing adverse effects on store operations. Indirectly responsible for maintaining minimum shrink.
- Embodies and articulates the vision of the brand. Maintain, improve and uphold the Sally Beauty brand so that it is associated with positive results. Lead/Manage team that continually have a focus on our brand to drive customer satisfaction, in-store presentation and competition resulting in higher sales products associated with our brand.
- Requires specialty retail or trade knowledge, problem solving and driving associate engagement
- Thorough knowledge of selection of top candidate, sourcing and education
- Thorough knowledge of merchandising techniques and systems, including sales promotion activities of the Stores
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and control
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Incumbents in this position must be willing and able to relocate as assigned.
- Knowledge of inventory management strategies
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and quantify market trends
- Understanding the customers' merchandise preferences and store variables
- Understanding of assigned store capabilities and growth potentials
- College degree preferred.
- 8 – 12 years in similar or related tasks.
- Prior business, management, and merchandising experience
- Ability to travel extensively and frequently
- Available to attend national sales meetings, beauty shows, and sales operations meetings
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Car Allowance
- Bonus Opportunities
- Employee Discount
- Incentive Trips and Vendor Contests
- Opportunities to grow your career within the company
- Work in an environment focused on and surrounded by beauty
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or other categories protected by law.