- The District Sales Manager will have territory responsibilities for a specific geographic area including selling Overhead Door and Genie products to distributors, dealers and end-users.
- The territory is IL, NW IN, WI, NE, KS, and MO. You must live in the territory; there is no relo dollars available.
- This position reports to the Central Regional Sales Manager.
- Responsible for market penetration within the assigned territory, including MIX, margin and new product management.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relations with dealers, distributors and end-users.
- Service existing customers while developing a new customer base.
- Act as a problem solver who does what needs to be done to help customers improve and grow their business.
- Responsible for product training, leadership, business advice, sales and marketing assistance, building and maintaining strong relationships with distribution customers and developing new customers.
- Must develop strong relationships with builders, developers, contractors, engineers, architects and end-users to pull sales through distribution and National Account Customers.
- Responsible for prospecting and cold calling, maintaining consistent customer contact and communication along with aggressive follow up to achieve targeted growth.
- Communicate new business opportunities and market intelligence to the company.
- Responsible for developing territory sales budgets and individual account goals, promoting product loyalty.
- A positive individual who is extremely professional with high integrity and strong work ethics, with the ability to give and receive respect.
- Honor confidentiality.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate our brand to both small and large groups with marketing tools and manuals.
- Good listening skills.
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual with a commanding presence and strong customer relationship building skills.
- Must have strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- A self-confident and assured individual who is able to command respect, think quickly and work independently.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who is able to work as a member of the team.
- A motivated individual who is not satisfied with maintaining the status quo and willing to do whatever is necessary to advance in the organization.
- A proven over-achiever with the willingness to move anywhere to advance their career.
- Must have the potential to be promoted at least two jobs.
- A goal oriented individual who is able to think creatively and demonstrates consistent achievement.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with the ability to engage, possessing excellent selling skills.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills; responsible time management and timely reporting required.
- Ability to think and operate both short and long term, be able to hit sales numbers without sacrificing long term goals.
- Must possess a strong mechanical/technical aptitude and be good with numbers.
- An understanding of the construction industry with the ability to understand plans and specifications.
- Must also have an understanding of both pricing and P&L as it relates to customers.
- Must possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A versatile individual with the ability to handle multiple cultures, as well as strong problem solving skills and the ability to break down walls.
- A risk taker, resilient with proven mental and physical tenacity.
- Aggressive, not afraid to fail or make mistakes.
- A self-starter who is competitive in nature.
- A strategic sales professional with the ability to sell to the end user.
- Experience with consultative selling.
- Can see beyond traditional sales channels.
- Think strategically in terms of distribution and end user management (multi-dimensional thinking).
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Constant learning capabilities.
- A minimum of two to five years of experience selling an engineered product.
- Sales management experience with proven track record to grow sales in assigned territory.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Engineering, is required.