LUMA - Built for Puerto Rico
We rely on electricity every day. We need it to run our appliances, power the streetlights and produce the goods and services that drive our economy.At LUMA we are committed to provide Puerto Rico with electricity that we all can depend on. At LUMA, we put people first — our employees, our customers and the communities where we live and work. We encourage and inspire our people to embrace opportunities as they work to build an electricity system that will make Puerto Rico a better place.If you're looking for a career where you can make a tangible difference in the lives of your neighbors and your community, LUMA is the place for you. LUMA offers new jobs designed to respond to the current and future needs of the T&D system. Together we're transforming the island's electric transmission and distribution system, and energizing Puerto Rico. Please note that these new jobs with LUMA offer different terms and conditions of employment to those currently in place with PREPA.We will schedule interviews with all qualified PREPA candidates. All PREPA applicants will receive priority in hiring and a compensation package equal to or better than what they receive today. In order to receive notifications as additional positions and locations are posted, please create a profile on our career site.
About the Position
The District Supervisor, Customer Experience is responsible for leading the Customer Experience teams across the district offices including payments, credit and collections, Key Account management, billing inquiries and new service requests, etc. Responsibilities include ensuring customers receive timely and exceptional service in all offices, employees are highly motivated and focused on delivering excellence in customer solutions and accurate account reconciliation.
What will you get up to everyday?
- Aware of all system improvements and new extensions in the local area and actively participates on project team as a project sponsor to bring the local operations perspective, identify risk and approve scope. Acts as a “champion for change” to ensure that business process and technology improvements are successfully implemented and promoted in the area
- Supports the Customer Connection and Services area to ensure processes are followed. Leads assessment to understand root cause and implement corrective actions when targets are not met
- Supports and leads development of work plans in conjunction with the Assignment Office to ensure work is completed on time and on budget.
- Monitors business metrics and reporting to ensure targets are met.
- Ensure optimal use of resources by reviewing project milestones and work assignments against local resources and priorities. Addresses day-to-day operating issues and/or escalates to Manager as needed or required
- Optimizes the use of resources including people and equipment within and across service point and/or region boundaries to accomplish work as efficiently as possible.
- Ensures the effective use of asset management tools in support of company programs
- Manages local facilities and works cooperatively with various stakeholders.
- Manages local fleet utilization and builds business cases to support local requirements
- Coordinates effective, efficient response to outages by working and communicating effectively with the work desk staff and effectively utilizes the outage management system
- Creates and maintains a local emergency response plan that is aligned with district, region, corporate, community emergency plans and/or business continuity plans
- Locally administers, manages, and provides visible leadership actively working with the team leads to ensure compliance with the corporate policies and best practices related to Health, Safety and Environment. Acts as a champion to develop a “safety first” culture within the organization. Lead by example through personal demonstration of Health, Safety and Engineering best practices on a daily basis
- Ensures that all incidents and near misses are reported, documented, investigated and acted upon including escalation to the Regional Manager with follow up as required
- Through effective leadership skills, provides support and guidance to team members to resolve situations that are outside of the ordinary or day-to-day practice
- Responsible for labor relations which include working closely with human resources to resolve issues that may arise. Fosters good relations with local officials
- Monitors and regularly audits the application of company, government, industry practices to ensure all employees and contractors comply
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through effective verbal and written communication with the ability to manage and resolve conflict. Focus on relationship management is required
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Perform major storm restoration work and associated drills as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supervise 8 to 10 employees
What We are Hoping You Bring to LUMA
LUMA's culture is rooted in the concept of People First, Safety Always. We want your knowledge and expertise to pair with LUMA's globally recognized experts in numerous fields such as customer service, field workforce development, high-voltage transmission engineering, distributed energy resources and mini/micro grid integration. Our employees receive substantial training and development, as well as opportunities for advancement and success. Within our People First, Safety Always culture, we're committed to offering continuous learning opportunities and career-long support for our employees.
- Technology Diploma or Post-Secondary degree
- 3+ years
- Solid knowledge of the overall organization and business practices
- Minumum five (5) years of experience as a Customer Experience leader or Technologist
More Details on what to expect with this position at LUMA
- Stationary Position: Constantly
- Pushing/ Pulling/ Reaching: Seldom
- Climb: N/A
- Kneel: Seldom
- Grab: Frequently
- Bend: Seldom
- Lift/ Carry over: 5-10 LBS
- Vision: Vision acuity to operate vehicle
- Hearing: Understanding sounds required for operating vehicle
- Wet or humid: N/A
- Working near or on moving mechanical parts: Seldom
- Working near or on heavy machinery: Seldom
- Working in high places: N/A
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles: N/A
- Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals: N/A
- Frequency of working in outdoor weather conditions: N/A
- Work with electricity: N/A
- Work with explosives: N/A
- Work on or near a source of radiation: N/A
- Loud Noise conditions (abover 87 db): N/A
- Other environmental factors including weather conditions: N/A
We are looking forward to seeing your application!
You made it to the end of the job posting! Thank you for expressing interest in LUMA and taking the time to read all the details of this position. We encourage you to apply and give us the opportunity to get to know you better through the recruitment process. Together, we're energizing the people of Puerto Rico.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.LUMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.