30+ days ago
Family Medicine of Southwest Washington (FMSW) is seeking an experienced Osteopathic Physician to join our faculty and practice within our Residency Program. We are seeking out someone with 3+ years’ experience, practiced in OMT and willing to share their knowledge with a fantastic group of residents. Position available due to long-term physician who is retiring.
FMSW is an unopposed, community-based, University of Washington School of Medicine-affiliated residency program located in Vancouver, Washington. It is a part of the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network and sponsored by PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- 25-year running program
- Join 24 residents, 22 practicing faculty physicians and 3 physician assistants in clinical practice
- NCQA Level III Medical Home
- Embedded LCSW, Pharmacist, and Behavioral Health PhD
- "18 patients/day per clinic session
- Shared call among faculty
- Program founders are still leading the program
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Vancouver has a robust, independent city with over 160,000 people with the additional advantage of being part of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
- Vancouver is the county seat in Clark County named for the Lewis and Clark expedition
- The temperate climate in eastern Washington and Oregon nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world famous flowers such as tulips and roses.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest
- The metro area has world class cuisine, wine, and beer which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Coast, and 160 miles to Seattle
- Washington State does not have state income tax
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
Last year there were more than 224k outpatient clinic visits •Over 600 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally
In 2014 they received a Gold Star Recognition from the Washington State Hospital Association for clinical initiatives designed to reduce readmission rates and infections.
If this position resonates with you, please contact Kim Dianich, Provider Recruiter Sr.:
KDianich@peacehealth.org / 360-729-1409
Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring Portland, Oregon offer all the best amenities of city living. What makes our area so special? A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations.
PeaceHealth’s community of health care professionals in the Vancouver area include PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital with complete services, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a multi-specialty group serving communities throughout Clark County.
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job, please go to: