We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future. Summary:
CAES is seeking a Document Control Coordinator
to perform moderately complex Document Control activities related to Engineering Services including updating logs, databases and catalogues; maintains files of engineering drawings, project reports, specifications, product proposals and documentation, releases files thereof; Ensures documents meet standards for production. Responsibilities
- Provide support for the M2M™ Resource Planning (ERP) system;
- Create Item Masters
- Work with Designers on data entry of their part lists (BoM's)
- Release drawings to the Released Drawings Directory on the LAN
- Update and maintain Octane™ ECO database; deliver all released ECO's to drafting; ensure all released folders are up to date with current revision drawings and previous revision drawings archived
- Incorporate clerical Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) on all older pdf drawing files, ensuring completeness according to Cobham and DoD workmanship standards.
- Oversee the receipt of certain files, such as ftp files or emails, and assess the accuracy of the documents. Once they've checked the files for completeness, they record them into the system according to defined work instructions.
- Scan, organize and maintain documents, adhering to the company's document lifecycle procedures, archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Support AS9100 internal, customer, quality or corporate audits of the Configuration Management System
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The role may occasionally require support for other administrative tasks set forth by the Sr. Director of Engineering. Qualifications Minimum:
- 5+ years of documentation control experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree
- 5+ years Documentation Control experience within Manufacturing or Engineering.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to read technical publications such as blueprints and schematics;
- Strong communicate skills across organizational levels; Ask questions and ability to clarify information.
- Moderate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience: Word, PPT, Excel and Visio
- Additional Computer Skills -Octane, SharePoint, Salesforce, M2M, must be able to pick up software and programs quickly, training will be provided
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here .
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here .
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.