Consolidated Bus Transit is New York City's premier school bus company. We've been in the student transportation industry for over fifty years. We provide courteous, reliable, and safe transportation services throughout the New York City area. At CBT, we consider every rider, employee, and community a valuable part of our family. Our staff truly changes the transportation industry.
Sign on bonus: $2,000.00 bonus for actively certified Department of Education drivers after 6 months of continual employment
- Transport students to and from schools (and other locations) in a safe, courteous, and timely manner
- Maintain a sanitary, safe and professional environment within the bus (bus operators are provided with matrons / school bus attendants pending route)
- Perform daily pre-trip inspection and checks for sleeping children on the vehicle (you are likely to receive the same vehicle daily)
- Maintain healthy relationships with dispatchers to communicate conduct, emergencies, or any matters which require supervisory attention
Benefits for Full-Time Drivers:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation Days
- Driver Union (553 & 1181)
- Overtime available (upon request)
- 21 years of age
- New York State issued commercial driver's license - Contact us to discuss your options if you need a commercial driver's license.
- For out of state licensees, transfer license to New York State license. Afterwards, please provide an abstract from the previous state.
- Required to pass a DOT physical
- Required to pass drug screening
- Required to pass criminal background check
68 Snediker Avenue Brooklyn NY 11207
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: We will match your current salary if you are actively certified with the Department of Education as a School Bus Driver WITH paystub as proof.