Evansville, IN, US
13 days ago
2301 S Green River Rd, Evansville, Indiana 47715
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Works with, cares for, and maintains at least one scent detection bed bug canine. Conducts bed bug inspections of commercial and residential properties while advising customer of pest control prevention and proactive procedures. Solves customer concerns at an exemplary level through thorough, detail-oriented inspections and sincere customer care.
1. Conduct canine inspections at customer locations to identify the presence of bed bugs.
2. Advise customer of potential pest problems and recommend expert pest control solutions.
3. Complete and submits daily service reports as required.
4. Perform canine detection demonstrations to educate current and potential customers on how canine bed bug detection works.
5. Daily care for canine during working and non-working hours, including but not limited to: feeding, transporting maintenance training, grooming, exercising, and regular well visits to veterinarians to keep canine healthy, safe and well cared for.
6. Weekly training of canine and handler to maintain canine abilities.
7. Maintain necessary certification for both the handler and the canine
8. Ensure canine remains current on vaccination, licensing and training requirements
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Situational Adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED and previous experience as a canine handler or working with animals.
- License and/or certification as required according to federal, state or local government.
- Requires extensive local travel. Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to maintains licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations. Including necessary courses to become a canine handler in detection of bed bugs.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and walk
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
- Lift or move up to 25lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Low to moderate
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation, Click Here .
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here .
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.