Primary Purpose and Essential Functions Provide high level analytical support to Terminal Managers, focusing on on-going driver development initiatives that support safety and retention goals.
- Proactively work to build relationships with Driving Associates, support and recognize excellent performance while assisting team in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Develop strategies and sponsor key initiatives to foster a culture of positive driver support and improve driver retention. May assist in the onboarding of new drivers.
- Evaluate Driver satisfaction, retention and turnover; provide necessary tools to effectively perform position responsibilities to assist in increasing Driver retention and reducing overall turnover.
- Perform regular assessments to ensure consistent improvement on metrics that impact driver safety and retention.
- Review various reporting on driver safety, and directs activities to effect positive safety outcomes while actively coaching Driving Associates to ensure that the terminal meets company safety expectations.
- Promotes good relations with internal and external customers by coaching and supporting employees on how to find the best solution to safety problems.
- Gather, organize, and analyze information on breakdowns and procedures, and develop solutions to facilitate on-time completion of equipment services within the shop.
- Gather, analyze and interpret retention data for the purpose of identifying best course of action for terminal leadership to decrease turnover.
- Counsel driving associates on high risk behaviors including items on risk analysis scoring. Consult and recommend corrective action; up to and including whether to terminate driver's employment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Skills: Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must possess great collaborative skills and demonstrated development of strong interpersonal relationships. Must be able to motivate, develop, and influence others. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel.
- Education: Associates degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Experience Required: Four years experience in operations field and/or safety required. Previous experience in transportation industry preferred. Driver Development Manager K