30+ days ago
Bonaventure of Vancouveris a BRAND NEW COMMUNITY seeking a Driver, who is committed to easing the burden and worries of our resident passengers! We are a Retirement, Memory Care and Assisted Living community in Vancouver, Washington. We are looking for someone who loves people, will offer a comforting smile, a helping hand, and a genuine commitment to the transportation needs of our residents.
Some key characteristics are required:
• Willingness to go beyond the basic job description, by providing our residence with the confidence that they will get to and from their scheduled destinations on time and safely.
• The ability to make every passenger feel welcome and comfortable, while exercising proper safety protocols for walkers, scooters, and wheelchairs.
• The ability to drive in a variety of weather and traffic conditions (at times we are the SOLE transportation option for our residents).
• Demonstrated compassion and respect for residents, colleagues and the community by proudly executing all of the drivers responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist residents in and out of the bus at all times
• Interact with residents in a pleasant and professional manner
• Adhere to time schedule
• Perform daily visual inspections of vehicles and operating equipment
• Keep accurate maintenance records on all equipment,
• Keep van maintained and clean at all times,
• Notify maintenance supervisor of needed repairs
• Maintain open communication lines with the Activity Coordinator,
• Valid Drivers and CDL License
• 5 years of clean driving experience
• Must have a genuine concern for, and the ability to work with, the elderly.
• Ability to relate to residents in a courteous, understanding, and cooperative manner.
• Ability to pass CPR and First-Aid courses.
• High school Diploma or equivalent
Please submit your resume to be considered to this position.
At Bonaventure, you’ll find more than just beautiful, spacious suites and well-cared-for communities. You’ll find a place that feels like home and friends who feel like family. The communities we build, amenities we provide, and programs we design are all inspired by our belief that you should enjoy retirement on your own terms. The culture we’ve created here is one of respect for who you are and what matters to you—along with appreciation for your stories and accomplishments.
Your health and happiness is our top priority. It’s the inspiration behind our focus on creating an exceptional lifestyle for all of our residents. However, we know that everyone’s idea of perfection is different and continues to change over time. Our agility and flexibility as a team allow us to evolve as a company, make changes that are right for each location, and respond quickly to our residents’ needs and desires.
500 to 999 employees