Drywall Superintendent - Lafayette
The Lemoine Company
The Lemoine Company, LLC is looking for a Drywall Superintendent. At The Lemoine Company, we believe in achieving excellence in construction while enhancing the lives of all involved. We accomplish this Core Purpose through driving our Core Values down through the organization and beyond. Over the past few years, we have accomplished many great projects that have exceeded customer expectations.
We are looking for a Drywall Superintendent to help us continue to grow and one that will drive success through experience in this sector and buy-in to our Core Purpose. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of a Safety culture, believes in employee development, and is constantly striving to deliver excellence resulting in ecstatic customers. Successful outcomes of this role will show up in the Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR), delivery of a quality product, finishing ahead of schedule & under budget, and is ready to continue aggressively in your career.
To assist their team in completing projects through the implementation of Lemoine's Foundations for Successful Execution: Safety, Quality, Schedule, Relationships, and Success. This position has supervisory responsibilities to craft employees and temporary laborers. This position reports to theDrywall sector Leaderwithin the Commercial West Business Unit.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Degree in Construction Management from a college or university preferred.
- Experience working in the field on commercial and/or residential Framing, Drywall, and Ceiling Systems.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, self-perform supervision, technical execution, and commercial trade coordination for Drywall and Ceiling Systems in a Commercial environment.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster relationships with all levels of project team, craft workers, and jobsite trade partners.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple work areas and crews, in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to operate forklifts and man lifts/scissor lifts to provide material to crews and access elevated work areas to provide supervision and quality control.
- Ability to manage labor time sheets, utilize Microsoft Office Suite occasionally to perform organizational and quality control tasks, read drawings and specifications, and review shop drawings.
The physical and mental demands of this position must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.