The Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources is a publicly owned utility, committed to providing excellent water, waste water and storm water services at the best possible value to the citizens of Gwinnett County. The department is widely recognized for service excellence in the operation of 2 water production facilities, 3 water reclamation facilities and 226 pump stations. In addition, DWR maintains 3,6oo+ miles of water lines, 2,600+ miles of sewer lines and 1,300+ miles of storm water pipe. The Department of Water Resources takes pride in stewardship of the environmental resources entrusted to us and pledge to be responsible as we manage water as a limited, but renewable, resource.
The eLearning Instructional Design Specialist reports to the DWR Section Manager for Training and Development. Working in collaboration with the DWR Training Division, the ideal candidate will provide instructional design expertise to support course development projects. The position will provide direct support in the design and development of web-enhanced, hybrid and fully online courses, the use of instructional technologies, and the application of sound instructional design principles.Duties and Responsibilities:
Training and Experience:
- Collaborate with other Training and Development Division team members to identify and structure content and activities for employee learning, particularly for online delivery.
- Serves as an instructional design lead to ensure that design methodology and best practices are adhered to in the development and implementation of eLearning materials and media for web-enhanced, hybrid or fully online courses.
- Creates learning resources in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, and multimedia to support teaching and learning.
- Provides LMS support
- Collaborate with other Training and Development Division team members in the design, development, evaluation, and revision of teaching, learning, and assessment needs to support a learning-centered environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Valid Driver's license
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing instructional materials for learning management systems. Examples include Moodle, Canvas
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Web development using HTML and CSS; graphics development using editing software. Examples include Captivate, Articulate or similar instructional design software
- Proven experience in Instructional Design
- Experience in project facilitation
- Proficiency in MS applications – Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Must demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must show success at the ability to work on multiple projects/courses simultaneously.
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Agency: Department of Water Resources