Early Childhood Education Specialist - Harford County
Maryland Rural Development Corporation
Aberdeen, MD, US
7 days ago
The Early Childhood Education Specialist's mission is to provide technical assistance, mentoring, and training to the staff in the classroom in order to promote school readiness.
- Provides support to the Education Coordinator, to ensure MRDC HS instructional strategies are properly implemented to include coaching, monitoring, curriculum fidelity, observation, and assessments of all children.
- Supports the Education Coordinator in evaluating the care of standard inventory of program materials and coordinating the delivering to all classrooms to meet curriculum fidelity.
- Tracks all teaching staff qualifications and assists with credentialing activity within the EXCELS program.
- Completes Professional Development Plans with all teachers and teacher assistants, monitoring progress and updating annually
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, or closely related field
- Four years’ experience at a licensed Early Childhood Education Center.
- Ability to drive to all MRDC locations multiple times per month.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development