Title: Editorial Group Supervisor
Company/Location: CDMP / Princeton, NJ
SUMMARY: Manage workflow and supervise staff for a cluster of products while serving as lead editor on specific product(s).
- Managing workflow and supervising staff for a cluster of products
- Editing and proofreading a variety of promotional and educational materials for physicians, other healthcare professionals, and patients from manuscript through prepress stage of production
- Coordination of timing and quality control of projects, including copy editing, styling, and fact checking initial manuscript, reading set copy from first laser printouts through blues
- Working with account executive, writer, art director, and other team members to ensure that materials are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, readability, and appeal
- Working closely with writers to resolve content/referencing issues
- Working closely with account team on content/scheduling issues
- Assisting writers and account executives with research
- Conducting on-line literature searches
- Screening medical journals for pertinent articles
- Advises Editorial Director and Managing Editor about departmental evaluations, training, and scheduling of per diem editors
- Word processing manuscript changes using Microsoft Word for Macintosh
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive style manuals and reference files
- Helping maintain library
- Lead editor on one product and a team member on the other products in the cluster; training new team members
- College graduate.
- Managerial/supervisory experience in medical copy editing in pharmaceutical advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company.
- Knowledge of AMA style essential.
- Curiosity/interest in medical topics essential.
- Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to oversee and handle numerous products at once essential.
- Ability to supervise 1 to 3 editors.
- Career development seminars
- Attendance at professional and technology seminars
- Management training seminars
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and weâ€™re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join usâ€”we look forward to getting to know you.