Serves as a role model, consultant, charge agent, teacher and facilitator in assessing learning needs and in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating educational activities for the staff and community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred
- Five years clinical experience specific to clinical areas assigned
- Experience in nurse-peer training
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the community
- Good computer skills
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated
- CPR instructor status within 18 months of hire date
- Certification in ACLS, PALS, NRP preferred. ACLS instructor status required within 18 months of hire date. PALS and/or NRP provider status within 2 years; instructor of PALS and/or NRP within 3 years of employment as directed by Vice President of Patient Care Services
- Travel required
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
- BLS required upon hire
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds ofrace, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.