Our client is seeking an EH&S/Safety Engineer with experience in both environmental and safety regulations and programs. Prior exposure to a chemical or petro-chem plant along with a degree in an EH&S discipline or BSChemE is highly desired. Will consider candidates with 15+ years of experience in lieu of a degree. Experience with Process Safety Management a big plus.
location: Pittsburg, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Through team work and consultation ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and company Environmental Safety and Health requirements.
- Maintain compliance with environmental regulations; including recordkeeping, filing of Tier II reports, air permitting, updating SPCC plan, stormwater, etc.
- Provide analytical-based expertise such as sample collection, lab analysis data interpretation and data reporting/submission to address EH&S needs.
- Assist with planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of environmental, health and safety programs. Specifically, review, revise, and develop Pittsburg Safety Standards.
- Maintain compliance calendar (database) as it relates the job function.
- Assist in self audits of the EHS management system.
- Perform safety-related risk assessments and Job Hazard Analyses.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with CalARP and RMP programs including internal compliance audits and Process Hazards Analysis
- Participate in Root Cause Investigations, and as applicable lead the investigation.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the EHS Manager that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Works with Operations and Maintenance department heads to identify EH&S training needs and improvements.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Process Safety Management
- OSHA Regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.