TEMP-TO-HIRE. MUST have recent experience as an Order Selector in a distribution center operating a ride-on electric pallet jack.
You will be working in a cold storage facility, picking up to 20-30,000lbs per shift. You will package and wrap products and/or build pallets, plus record weight or counts of products to ensure accurate billing. Experience with voice picking technology a plus.
- Maintain a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service.
- Abide by all safety regulations set forth by OSHA and Facilities.
- Perform order picking as scheduled or assigned.
- Arrive to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; work all scheduled shifts and attend required trainings and meetings.
- Comply with all applicable state health and safety codes.
- Maintain clean and sanitary operating environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, Supervisor, or Facility Leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of natural foods industry and quality goals
- Responsible for ensuring that all vendor organic certifications are on hand and current
- Consistently communicate and model our vision and standards.
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision.
- This is a Temp-to-Hire position for those interested in full-time, long-term employment. Direct hire not guaranteed but based on performance during first 90 days.
- Cold storage facility (34 degrees) - dress warmly
- Shift: 10:30am to Finish (end time varies daily by job site needs)
- Schedule: Able to work a flexible schedule. Days of week will vary, schedules communicated 3 weeks in advance
- For everyone's health and safety, temperature checks will be required at the start of every shift. If you exhibit a temperature or symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you may be asked to go home. PPE will be provided.