Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected CategoryCountry:
New Berlin, WI, USEmployment type:
Undefined termCountry: [[USA]]
Location: [[New Berlin]], [[WI]]
Location details:[[N/A]] At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Position Title: Electical Engineer - Engineered Modernizations
Reports To: Director of Electrical Engineering & Data Integrity
This position is for an Electrical Engineer - crane control engineer responsible for all electrical design activities, hardware selection, documentation, and implementation of control systems on electric overhead cranes and woodyard cranes.
- Territory - All North America (USA, Canada, & Mexico)
- Engineering design, testing and commissioning of crane control systems.
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures. These include, but are not limited to, component selection for motor control panels and power distribution system component selection and the design of power distribution system.
- Generate complete system schematics, panel layouts, and detailed bills of material.
- Customizing existing solutions to meet the requirements of each new project.
- Interacting with mechanical engineering, control panel fabrication and electrical installation personnel to ensure appropriate and complete solutions.
- Testing and troubleshooting of control systems.
- Opportunity to occasionally perform on-site system commissioning at customer sites.
This position requires knowledge of electric motor control circuits. Experience designing and troubleshooting motor control circuits utilizing electromagnetic devices and variable frequency drives (VFD's) is a plus. A qualified candidate must be proficient in reading electrical schematics, vendor application drawings, and component documentation. Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications is necessary. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key for this position.
This position provides the opportunity for interaction with project management, frontline sales personnel, and customers. Site visits for application evaluation and controls commissioning require the ability to work at heights up to 100 feet off the ground. Travel is estimated at 5% to meet with customers, commission equipment, and participate in product testing at our manufacturing facility.
Minimum education requirement is a BS in Electrical Engineering, BS in Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience. Experience in the material handing or equipment controls industry is preferred but not required.
*KC #monus #cbus #nxtKonecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. Applicable Konecranes data protection obligations are the responsibility of the agency.Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 18,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .