Jasco Products Company, Inc.
Oklahoma City, OK
Jasco is currently seeking an Engineer to support the development of product technologies and designs. To improve profitability, apply the technical knowledge in the development of cost-effective new products and improvements of existing products.
In support of Product Managers (PMs), conduct competitive benchmarking studies, intellectual property investigations, regulatory requirement investigations, and environmental risk search for new and existing product programs. Work with PMs and vendors on New Product Introduction, vendor selection/approval process, Quality Assurance System, quality/productivity improvement, and product cost reductions.
- Assist Jasco Asia Technology Center (JATC) and Jasco-OKC Lab personnel in product evaluation and customer/consumer complaint investigations.
- Support Product Management on business and technical activities.
- Perform competitive benchmarking studies for products involving new technologies.
- Coordinate the development of new product designs (technical and aesthetic) based on competitive benchmarking and desired performance goals.
- Assist PMs and Jasco lawyers in Intellectual Property investigations if necessary.
- Identify and mitigate technical and environmental risks of all programs (new products, productivity, and quality improvement programs).
- Assist in New Product Introduction (NPI) and Design Change Introduction processes.
- Work with Jasco Asia Technology Center (JATC) as required.
- Document product technical specifications in cooperation with JATC.
- Assist in qualification and Beta testing of all products (new, productivity, and quality improved).
- Provide technical consultation and support to Jasco OKC Lab technicians for testing products and generation of Jasco Test Plans.
- Assist Product Manager(s) in the development of Joint Development Agreements (JDA) and
- Statement of Work (SOW) as well as assist in New Product Introduction activities.
- Assist in the new vendor selection process based on key metrics.
- Review supplier quality programs and outgoing quality to ensure the best product quality.
- Analyze the inspection data and assure corrective actions.
- Maintain relationship with the existing supplier base. Work with Suppliers in the development and introduction of innovative and high-tech products.
- Ensure appropriate regulatory certifications for all products.
- Assist in the review of the product packaging/graphics for regulatory compliance and user-friendly product descriptions and instructions.
- Support the Jasco BRIDLE process by providing forensic technical analysis of causes and effects surrounding product investigations.
- Work with all of Jasco’s brand’s technical licensing personnel for the support and introduction of that brand’s consumer products.
- Attend technical seminars and product shows to stay abreast of new developments in
- Consumer Electronics and Personal Computer accessory products including Bluetooth, USB, IR, and RF technologies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Communicates Effectively; Being Resilient; Nimble Learning; Directs Work; Ensures Accountability; Tech-Savvy; Manages Complexity
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering field is required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in design, development, qualification, and testing of Consumer Electronics and Home Electrical Products is preferred, entry-level is acceptable for a qualified candidate.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
Jasco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer