Electrical Engineer V
FPC of Decatur
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER V sought by chemical manufacturing company for their facilities located in Southern Arkansas. Reporting to the plant’s Electrical Superintendent, the ELECTRICAL ENGINEER V is a senior engineer position that will coordinate the design of electrical instrumentation equipment and systems, facilities, components, products and other electrical systems for plant purposes. Other functions and key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee Instrument System improvement projects.
- Instrumentation specification and selection (level, pressure, temperature, flow, PSV & PSD, etc.).
- P&ID development and revisions, control strategy, estimating and schedule coordination.
- Utility analysis, scope development and estimating.
- Electrical specification and selection including lighting, MCC, capacitor, VFD, etc.).
- Design, startup and troubleshooting of electrical systems including lighting, MCC, VFD, PLC, motor controls, etc.).
- Loop checking, equipment set-up, program downloading, megger testing, loop tuning, troubleshooting and start-up assist.
- Oversight of construction package design including location plans, termination drawings, installation details, scope definition, I/O lists and instrument lists.
- Project Management responsibilities including scope development, project estimation, development, cost control and reporting.
- Project scheduling, change order review, control and execution.
- Liaison with construction coordinators, vendors, contractor engineers, maintenance and installations issues.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 8-10 years’ experience as Electrical Engineer providing E&I design support.
- Past chemical manufacturing experience a plus, but not required.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Team Leadership skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA 70E, NEC, etc.
- Experience with SAP Project Module and other SAP functions preferred.
- Very little travel, if any, required.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, management and vendors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.