ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
PCS Energy is the fastest growing, locally owned, and operated Solar and EV Charging company in Los Angeles. As an Electrical Engineering Manager, you will be tasked with supervising all team members to create an energetic and positive work environment. By taking a hands-on approach to the job, you can ensure that verification and electrical engineering design methodologies support product and safety requirements and that development processes fall within established timelines. This will allow you to leverage others in the firm to meet and exceed department goals to ensure future success and growth in the industry. This position will also require design duties and tasks like that of the engineering staff members.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide electrical engineering recommendations and technical support on electrical engineering reviews, strategic plans, and projects.
- Assist with allocation, budgeting, resource planning, and scheduling.
- Manage unit and development cost estimations and helps determine affordable and reliable material sources.
- Ensure on-time product development by collaborating with other leaders to estimate reasonable and precise schedules and solve problems quickly.
- Streamline production while meeting compliance and safety guidelines.
- Create production, quality validation, and evaluation requirements and tests and troubleshoot production dilemmas.
- Establish technical standards in reviews, documentations, and designs.
- Prepare electrical system specifications and drawings, plan layout of electrical generation and delivery systems, including plants, distribution lines, and electrical stations and substations.
- Calculate and estimate material, equipment, and labor costs for products and projects involving electrical systems and the use of electrical power.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
- Determination of the type of EVSE, location of the intended EVSE, existing circuit load, and the capacity of existing electrical distribution.
- Determine suitable new supply points for the branch circuits to the EVSE with consideration of existing capacity on the feeders and shortest run lengths for the branch circuits for the EVSE.
- Apply for and obtain all building/Electrical permitsfor each individual project.
- Manage engineering staff members.
Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Master of Science preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Electrical Engineering Manager
- Minimum 10 Years of experience in Design and Field Engineering of Construction (Electric Vehicle and Renewable Energy preferred)
- Professional Engineer license
- Previous electrical engineering management experience
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and computer operations in general.
- Experience with SKM Powertools for electrical studies, fault calculations, one-line diagrams, and panel schedules
- Extensive knowledge of state and national codes and their applications
- Editing expertise of master electrical specifications
- Working knowledge of energy efficiency, demand response, and energy management systems
- Experience working with MEP Engineers.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high growth environment and have the ability to work with little direction, self-starter and self-organizer that will make the entire team better, comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must have ability to value engineer and find most cost-efficient solution.
- A self-motivated, results oriented individual with a high degree of initiative who can see projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical and technical writing abilities with attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong oral and team communication abilities
- The ability to collaborate with manufacturing workers, other engineers, and technicians and clearly and concisely communicate solutions to any complications that may arise.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, 401k, Company Paid Holidays and PTO