Electrical Maintenance Supervisor - Heavy Manufacturing
Commensurate with experience and is a combination of salary and bonus potential.
The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor will be accountable for the electrical reliability of the heavy manufacturing complex, which includes direct supervision of electrical maintenance personnel to assure equipment is operational and safe to meet production, quality and cost objectives. Employees at this company enjoy an apolitical and open culture where everyone is engaged in being the best at what they do. It's common for employees to stay at this company for their entire career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule, plan and implement daily electrical maintenance activities. Assign and monitor staff to eliminate downtime and assure continuous operations.
- Supervise staff: train, schedule and assign employees, including approving vacation and managing time off; monitor performance and administer discipline.
- Authorize overtime, approve timecards and process and assure accuracy of payroll.
- Perform scheduled repairs; plan for outages; respond to unscheduled repair requests. Track maintenance delays.
- Develop and Implement preventative maintenance program. Schedule preventative maintenance work; secure required materials and assure provision of sufficient manpower.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventative action plans.
- Implement safety policies and procedures; make safety contacts and maintain safety records.
- Maintain work area and supervise housekeeping activities.
- Assure conformance to quality standards (calibration of equipment, etc.).
- Perform emission tests on combustion systems. Assure furnace is operating in conformance to EPA regulations.
- Assure provision of required parts; identify and select vendors, obtain quotes and make recommendations to Purchasing. Run vendor trials, if required.
- Research pricing and coordinate scheduling of outside contractors and employees on special projects.
- Coordinate annual structural inspections with external inspectors.
- Manage continuous improvement and other special projects.
- Serve on an on-call basis (24/7), responding to issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of heavy industry electrical systems.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Basic understanding of steel making processes.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of quality systems.
- Advanced computer skills: data management and retrieval; word processing; spreadsheets, email and internet; programming skills; PLC; software and hardware.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to relate to all types of people; demonstrated trust and integrity.
- Troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Procurement/purchasing skills.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.
Keywords: Electrical Maintenance Supervisor, Heavy Manufacturing, Preventative Maintenance, Industrial Electrical Systems, OSHA, EPA
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.