Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, 'light engines,' for bioanalytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories and individual researchers. The company is seeking a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to contribute to the production of Lumencor light engines and accessories.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design, integration and improving of manufacturing systems or related processes. The qualified candidate will drive the goals and objectives of the Manufacturing department forward by working with internal and external resources to implement DFM (Design for Manufacturability) changes on new and existing product designs, increase producibility, improve efficiencies, and decrease costs. Experience in electrical engineering is a must have for this role.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to current manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures. Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Conduct PCBA test engineering assignment on new and current products.
- Liaise between Manufacturing, Engineering and contract manufacturers on test development.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers and PCB designers to design custom test fixtures.
- Introduce PCBA test processes, monitor functional test yield and take corrective actions and cost reductions.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve processes or products and reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design.
- Troubleshoot system level product failures including mechanical, electronics, optics, LEDs, lasers, firmware, and software interfaces to maintain product line flow.
- Install, test, and maintain optical or fiber optic equipment, and operate other production equipment; such as lasers, lenses, or mirrors, using spectrometers, or related equipment.
- Work with Quality Engineer to determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Use 6S and lean manufacturing methods to perform the following: Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency, conduct time and motion studies to identify opportunities to improve worker efficiency, and reduce opportunity for errors.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer; an additional 4 years experience may be accepted in lieu of a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in an ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) free environment.
- IPC Certification
- Knowledge of LED manufacturing and solid state lasers.
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Manufacturing team continually pushes to deliver the best microscopy lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. Our Manufacturing staff are industry professionals who understand their efforts result in success for their team and the company. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If this describes the type of team you would like to be apart of, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other benefits. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.