Electrical, Mechanical, Structural or Plumbing Plans Examiner and/or Inspector
Palm Beach, FL
ESI Works provides comprehensive human resource services for its partner schools. This includes recruiting, staffing, screening, on boarding, payroll and benefits administration. Founded in 2015, ESI Works has carefully crafted our company culture and reputation based on a deep understanding that staffing is first and foremost about people. We understand the right placement in the right job changes lives. ESI Works is committed to providing simplified employment solutions through our superior work ethic and industry experience. It is our mission to treat every person we encounter with wholehearted integrity and dedication.
Licensed Electrical, Mechanical, Structural and Plumbing Plans Examiners and Inspectors needed for inspection and plan review services of construction projects. The work involves the interpretation and application of these regulations as applied to customer relations, the review of building construction blueprints, product approvals, shop drawings and other project documents. Some travel may be required for inspections and/or managing projects in the assigned area. Candidates must possess a professional demeanor, have both technical and industry experience, and be a team player.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts examination of building permit applications, including blueprints, specifications, surveys, product approvals and shop drawings and all other required documents for compliance with the Florida Building Code and other regulations relating to building construction.
- Prepare written and electronic reports and issue notices of correction
- Recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations
- Meets with design professionals, contractors and other interested parties to discuss technical code issues which arise during the plan review process.
- Prepares and maintains all required records and reports.
- Inspects buildings and other facilities for compliance with the Florida Building Code and all other related regulations as required by the supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
- State of Florida Plan Review License (PX) in building; or
- State of Florida Inspector License (BN) in building, or
- ICC Residential & Commercial Plans Examiner and/ or Inspection certification in building; and
- Must have knowledge of the Florida Building Code and other regulations pertaining to construction and development.
- Ability to understand and interpret codes and evaluate project proposals and projects under construction to verify conformance with code requirements.
- Certified or certifiable as a Building Plans Examiner by the Miami Dade and/or the Broward County Board of Rules and Appeals (BORA), is a plus.
All applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.