The Electrical Packaging Engineer will design, model, and develop packaging solutions for Rockley Photonics Silicon Photonics platform. The role requires strong teamwork with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Electrical design for signal integrity, power delivery, and reliability. Collaborate with layout engineers to tape out design. Ability to do own layout a plus
- Use FEA & Spice to optimize the performance of electrical interconnect starting from III-V devices, through PICs, to ASICs
- Collaborate with the PIC, ASIC, process, and packaging engineers to ensure optimal electrical design can meet system requirement and is within process tolerance
- Perform design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA) to understand contributions toward signal loss and performance degradation from each interconnect structure
- Design of experiments (DOE) and develop test plans to validate designs
- Design evaluation boards with layout engineers to implement DOE test plan
- Collaborate with test engineers & technicians to correlate design & simulation vs measurement
- Participate in FA efforts to understand electrical implication to known failures. Assess risk level based on FA results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Electrical Engineering preferred, or MS with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Ansys HFSS, ADS, or similar software strongly recommended
- Proficiency in reviewing PCB, package, and IC level electrical layout strongly recommended
- Experience in electrical testing at device and package level strongly recommend. RF testing experience is a big plus, but not required
- 2.5D and 3D metal interconnect high speed design and simulation experience preferred
- Knowledge of integrated photonics design and process strongly recommended, but not required
- Communicates effectively and candidly. Provides and seeks feedback. Articulates clearly and listens actively.
- Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships and takes personal responsibility for their own development. Demonstrates qualities such as motivation, inspiration, innovation, and trust.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these US export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Rockley is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Rockley is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.