H. Kramer & Co.
Job Title: Electrician A
Rate: Fifteen (15)
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Date: April 1, 2015
The Electrician A maintains, installs and repairs all plant and production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completes all work to meet the requirements of the National Electric Code.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- Plans and carries electrical projects from concept to completion.
- Performs any work on electrical equipment without supervision.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions on all electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Interacts with vendor engineering staff when necessary.
- Maintains, repairs, and installs: motors, switches, thermocouples, electromechanical components, and programmable logic controllers.
- Performs all minor mechanical tasks, including but not limited to: aligning motor couplings and belts associated with a repair or installation.
- Performs required preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment.
- Identifies and marks all electrical components for better efficiency and cleaner power distribution.
- Responsible to perform daily inspections, required preventive maintenance, and completes any required checklists and report all issues regarding power distribution, safety and/or government compliance to the supervisor.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Replaces and removes any used fire extinguishers.
- Performs all required pre and post visual and checklist type inspections on equipment and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) using H. Kramer & Co. issued forms in a timely manner. Reports all issues regarding power distribution, safety, and/or government compliance to the supervisor.
- Assists in other maintenance department operations and other duties as directed by a supervisor.
The Electrician A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, or ability.
- Education: High School graduate or GED and successfully completed an apprenticeship under the USDOL, Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training. Must have a strong knowledge in industrial electricity, electronic applications and electrical theory (analog and digital).
- Language Skills: Must speak, read and understand instructions in the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Must have intermediate math skills.
- Computer Skills: Must be computer literate.
- Additional Skills: Troubleshooting and multitasking. Must be able to work without supervision. Must be able to work at elevated heights.
- Certifications: Must participate in forklift and aerial lift training and obtain forklift certification.
Walking, sitting, standing, bending, moving continually, ability to do aerial work, and occasional heavy lifting are required.
Primary Tools/Equipment: Electrical troubleshooting tools, circuit testers, meters, hand tools, computer, forklift, aerial lifts, and material handling equipment and/or any other tool required depending on the task.
Expected Hours of Work
The Electrician A is expected to work full-time, as scheduled. Daily and weekend overtime will be required when circumstances demand it. In the event of an emergency, the Electrician A maybe called in during off hours to maintain workflow.
The Electrician A maybe exposed to molten metal, low and high temperatures and noise, normally found in a foundry environment. In addition, the Electrician A will be working with and around material handling equipment.
Safety & Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) The Electrician A is required to abide by all safe operational procedures, rules, and PPE requirements integrated into H. Kramer and Co.’s working environment.
Housekeeping The Electrician A is required to keep all areas of work neat and orderly throughout the workday, to promote a safe working environment. The Electrician A is responsible for making sure all tools, supplies, and equipment are returned to their proper place after completing their job.