Electrician (Night Shift)
Maple Leaf Foods
Schomberg, ON, US
30+ days ago
Electrician (Night Shift)
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein CompanyMaple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great foodMaple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in FoodWe have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership ValuesEight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The OpportunityThe Electrician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
Working closely with other team members, this role will have direct accountability for troubleshooting, repairing, installing electrical/mechanical services and equipment in the plant while also being responsible for ensuring that daily preventative maintenance tasks and repairs are carried out accordingly to meet production needs.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair of:
- Electrical equipment (AC Drives, power controls circuits, starters, motors, MCC's)
- Microprocessor based systems (PLC's. DCS, Electronic circuits, controls)
- Low and medium voltage distribution systems (single & three phase systems)
- Instrumentation (pneumatic controls, PID, transducers, servos, analog/digital signals)
- Power distribution & generation (generators, transformers, switchgears,
- Communication and Data Systems (closed circuit TV, timekeeping,
- HVAC, Emergency systems (refrigeration, energy control, alarm), hydraulic systems
- Conduct Planned Preventive & Predictive Maintenance and keep maintenance records
- Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, blue prints and schematics, parts preparation)
- Install new conduits, lighting fixtures, wiring, receptacles and other electrical components, examining or replace the old fixtures
- Check continuity, resistance, current or voltage of circuit for troubleshooting
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Electrician license (442A or 309A)
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an industrial setting
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Mechanically Inclined
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong team player as well ability to work alone
- Safety conscious
- Heavy lifting required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Experience in Food & Beverage Industry is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.