26 days ago
Marvin Test Solutions is a premier aerospace Test & Measurement company located in Irvine, California. MTS is growing and needs qualified test engineers for a several new programs involving test system and TPS development.
You will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment designing and integrating test systems and Test Program Sets (TPS) for commercial and military electronics, systems, sub-systems, Line Replaceable Units (LRU’s), Shop Replaceable Units (SRUs). Your daily activities will include design and integration of hardware (Interface Test Adapters - ITAs) and software (TPS development).
Typical duties include but not limited to:
· Design, configure, and manufacture customized ATE testers and Test Program Sets developments.
· Performed circuit analysis of complex systems, sub-systems, LRUs, SRUs under test to configure necessary system resources for test system development.
· Established all HW, SW requirements for test systems, ITAs, cables and harnesses using COTS items. Select, procure materials and parts.
· Generated required documentation, test procedures, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, mechanical drawings, work orders.
· Participate in PDRs, CDRs, ATPs (Acceptance Test Procedures) with project team, customers.
· Work closely with Program Management, Project team members, Software engineers, Mechanical engineers, PCB designers, and engineering technicians to fabricate test system assemblies, cables and harnesses assemblies, system validation, perform TPS’s generation (functional and in-circuit testing), test fixture design, test code generation, system and test program integration, and system acceptance for delivery.
· Perform hands-on test code generation, HW/SW debug, integration, fault isolation and diagnostic.
· Provide training and customer support on delivered system. Performed test systems, test program set installation, and acceptance on site and at customer sites.
Required Technical experience/knowledge: (no need to apply if you don’t meet these minimum requirements):
· BSEE or equivalent
· Minimum of 5+ years of direct ATE Test Development experience.
· Thorough understanding of analog & digital electronic circuits
· Windows-based test software development with design tools such as, ATLAS, ATEasy, LabView, Visual Basic, Visual C++, LabWindows, etc. (5 years minimum)
· Designing circuits using schematic capture packages such as Protel, Orcad, etc. (3 years minimum)
· Proficient with standard test instrumentation, equipment such as DMM, Scope, Power Supply, Function Generator, Data Acquisition, DIO, PIO…
· Proficient with Microsoft's suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to prepare and present technical data and engineering reports to development team members and customers.
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Limited travel maybe required
Preferred experience and knowledge:
· Designing analog and digital circuits
· Developing TPSs for microprocessor-based circuits
· Developing TPSs for MIL-STD-1553/MIL-STD-1760 products
· Ability to undertake a full TPS development project
Marvin Test Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. The company offers a competitive benefits package & an exciting work environment. Please email your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org fax to (949) 263-1203.
We Make Test Easy™
At Marvin Test Solutions, we make test easy for military, aerospace, and manufacturing organizations by creating innovative test solutions that increase performance, decrease footprint and energy consumption, while providing unrivaled long-term support.
Marvin Test Solutions, a vertically integrated aerospace test and measurement company, has designed and delivered innovative, feature-rich solutions for the world’s leading military, aerospace, and manufacturing organizations since 1988.
As a member of the Marvin Group, an award-winning aerospace group with more than 50 years of experience in the defense and commercial aerospace industries, Marvin Test Solutions has test systems deployed worldwide in support of most of the major military aircraft and munitions in use around the world. Our deployed test solutions support the maintenance and sustainment of military aircraft including the F-35, F-15, F-16, F-18, TA-50, FA-50, F-5, Hawk, RPAs, and their associated precision-guided munitions. In addition, our solutions are deployed in the commercial aircraft, transportation, space, and semiconductor manufacturing markets.
We are dedicated to advancing our customers' success by designing and delivering innovative test solutions that combine quality, performance, and ease of use.
To be the preferred provider of test system solutions in the primary market segments we serve by 2024.
Dedication, Innovation, Recognition, and Courtesy.
50 to 99 employees
Aerospace and Defense
401K, Employee Events, Employee Referral Program, Flexible Schedules, Free Food and Coffee, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave, Medical, Dental and Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid sick days, Parking , Performance bonus, Prescription Drug Coverage, Professional Development, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation/paid time off