This Short Term Job Posting is for the 20-21SY
Maggie Cordova Elementary
182 Day Contract
Job Title: Elementary Instructional Coach (Site)
- Highly Qualified Licensed elementary teacher
- Level II;
- Meet state requirements of highly effective and/or exemplary on the NMTEACH Educator Effectiveness Rating for previous 2 years;
- Must obtain level III within 2 years from date of hire;
- Strong knowledge of elementary English Language Arts/literacy and math;
- Leadership experience in curriculum/professional development;
- Strong communication, facilitation, collaboration and training/presentation skills;
- Understanding of CCSS as well as vertical articulation process and professional learning communities;
- Evidence of data driven decision-making skills.
- Level III A
- Master’s Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly effective organizational ability;
- Professional written and oral communication and training/presentation skills;
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters;
- Ability to be flexible.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Elementary Instructional Coach shall:
- Support full implementation of CCSS;
- Work with elementary teachers and PLC teams in developing best practices, modeling instruction, and creating professional development opportunities to improve achievement for RRPS elementary students through the instructional coach model;
- Collaborate wit6h district instructional coaches to support roll out of CCSS implementation;
- Provide professional development and coaching assistance to elementary teachers;
- Conduct demonstration lessons and assist with PLC teams through instructional coaching model and lesson study;
- Assist teachers in diagnosing achievement gaps and supporting needed intervention and differentiation strategies;
- Evaluate and coordinate professional development as needed for teachers;
- Support district and staff administration and collaborate with colleagues in implementing district initiatives;
- Research and provide content knowledge and resources to staff about learning and teaching reading including: teaching strategies, assessments, RtI and differentiation;
- Research and provide information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative practices through various activities such as: coaching sessions, lesson study, and PLC team meetings;
- Demonstrate the competencies as required by Regulation Title 6, Chapter 69, Part 4.12 New Mexico Administrative Code Performance Evaluation System Requirements for Teachers and effectiveness as required by Regulation Title 6, Chapter 69, Part 8 of the New Mexico Administrative Code Teacher and School Leader Effectiveness;
- Comply with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the district during the term of employment.
Work hours are established in the employment contract. Additional work hours may be assigned by the School Principal or Executive Directors of Elementary Curriculum and Instruction of Federal Programs.
Applicant must attach:
- Copy of Professional License
- Copy of transcript from each crediting college or university
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Review salary information here.
Final salary will be set based upon the minimum salary and Education and Experience.