At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking an industrious individual and software engineering technical specialist for the full Meraki product portfolio. Our Board Support Package Engineer will play a multifaceted role, connecting with Meraki’s Hardware and Software groups, vendors, and overseas JDM partners. They will be the driving force in communicating and advising sophisticated software assignments to the local and non-local teams.
The desired candidate will have the ability to work as an individual contributor and as well as be a manager and mentor to a small but effective team.
Additional roles include IoT investigations and general NPI improvements. S/he will work across all of Meraki’s product lines -- including new additions -- and do so across our widespread JDM ecosystem. Join our high-impact team and work with every part of the machine that brings the Meraki magic to market!
- Collaborate with firmware resources and incorporate feedback into the development plan
- Test BSP/SDK to bring POCs and early samples to minimum functionality
- Validate manufacturing functions in hardware
- Coordinate with JDMs to outline block diagrams and schematics to ensure accurate hardware designs are followed
- Develop architecture, author PRDs, and lead RFQs for our new security portfolio
- Validate and iterate on layout and schematics, and drive vendor approvals
- Collaborate with Quality to build a testbed for firmware release qualification and validation
- Develop Meraki drivers for custom circuitry for peripherals such as fans, sensors, and power supplies
- Define and maintain firmware structural standard across Meraki platforms (memory mapping, RTL code, LED drivers, etc)
- Collaborate with NPI teams; including ME, sourcing, packaging, certification, and quality; and provide technical mentorship as needed
- Work both independently and cross-functionally to ensure timely results
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience in embedded networking platform development
- Proven experience managing teams who have shipped and supported embedded networking platforms
- Extensive board bring-up experience including but not limited to ARM and x86
- Expertise in Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
- Background in platform software bring up & development on Cisco products, preferably enterprise IOS-XE Catalyst product line
- Good understanding of hardware architecture and schematics.
- Experience in coordinating and working with multi-functional teams, such as hardware, diagnostic and third-party vendors to ensure smooth operation and ship on time
- Participate in silicon and product roadmap decisions, provide schedules and resource estimates, and drive successful chip bring-up, validation, prototype/DevKit support, and eventual product mass deployment
- Familiarity with memory architectures and characteristics such as EEPROM, SPI Flash, NAND, eMMC, DRAM, and SRAM
- Strong understanding of software and hardware interaction
- Skilled with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, bus analyzers, JTAG debuggers
- Familiarity with bus protocols I2C, SPI, UART, and ethernet (10/100/1G, NBaseT, MGig, PoE)
- Ability to travel up to 25% to Taiwan and China
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and build management
- IoT experience including sensor development
- Cultural proficiency and understanding of Taiwanese and Chinese cultures
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.