ESI Works is now hiring Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) in the following locations across Southwest Florida: Cape Coral, Naples, North Port, Palmetto, Punta Gorda, Sarasota, and Venice, FL.
To provide Basic Life Support patient care and ambulance transportation. Additional duties may be assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides emergency and non-emergency ambulance operations in conjunction with a partner, demonstrating excellent driving judgment and due regard for public safety during operation and positioning of unit.
- Responds to all assigned calls in the most appropriate, safe, and efficient manner to quickly assess the scene and request other help if needed.
- Provides BLS patient care in accordance with established policies, procedures and prescribed local protocols and clinical practices. Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate techniques, resources, and equipment.
- May work with a Diver or another EMT on a BLS truck or be assigned to work with a Paramedic on an ALS truck, providing overall care in areas of patient assessment, packaging, and transport.
- Completes appropriate medical records and transportation reports.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of current EMT standards of care, including equipment function and use.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of local geography, including mapping, street, and GPS systems.
- Maintains units and equipment in a clean, organized and ready condition after each response.
- Completes vehicle mechanical check off at the beginning of each shift ensuring that fuel, fluid levels and tire air pressure are adequate at all times. Reports equipment damage or malfunctions as prescribed.
- Completes all station duties and maintains crew quarters in neat and serviceable conditions.
- Must be able to physically report to work in a timely manner on a regular basis
- Emergency clinical practices, procedures and protocol
- Use of medical and related emergency equipment
- Local geography
- Evaluating and treating patients
- Exercising judgement, dexterity and physical coordination preparing clear and concise reports
- Driving emergency vehicles
Behavioral and Physical Skills:
- Ability to act calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Able to work independently as part of a team, sometimes alongside emergency fire and police units
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situations
- Can work during odd hours and for extended periods, sometimes outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
- Able to work with much standing, bending, and kneeling
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to work with partner in lifting patients whose weight occasionally exceeds 250 pounds
- Strength required but not limited to arms, legs, and shoulders to lift, push and pull patients with and without assistance at various times.
- Able to avoid or minimize health risks from exposure to ill patients
Certification(s) and/or License(s):
- Current Florida EMT certification (can be in the application process)
- Current state of Florida driver’s license
- Current CPR card
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate
- Completion of coursework and ready to certify or already certified in emergency medicine
- A minimum of one year of experience in the field as an EMT (preferred but not required)
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply directly, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.