Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a creative, highly talented, “End User Computing” Systems Engineer to join our growing company in one of over 60 locations across North America.
The successful candidate will join a newly formed “End User Computing” team that is responsible for all aspects of the end user computing experience. From touchless PC deployments, managing the Intune/SCCM environments and Windows Virtual Desktops, the successful candidate will implement the technologies necessary to provide a seamless user experience through the lifecycle of a Kleinfelder PC.
This role will also include other Tier 3 responsibilities in technologies including Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Aryaka SDWAN, Barracuda Firewalls/WAFS, Pulse VPN as well as on-premises HPE servers running HyperV.
Some travel will be required. A minimum of 5 days of travel every calendar month to support our growth in office relocations and acquisition integrations will be expected by the successful candidate. COVID19 safety regulations may alter this requirement.
This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as part of a dynamic team that supports Kleinfelder’s users both locally and remotely. The ideal candidate will be adept at building and maintaining strong relationships within the business.
Additional responsibilities in this role include:
- Intune and SCCM maintenance, software packaging, patch deployments and distribution of software packages.
- Window Virtual Desktop
- Next generation touchless PC deployments
- Hardware evaluations and setting of corporate standards
- Maintenance of virtual networks (VNETs), subnets, network security groups (NSG), route tables (UDR), Express Route.
- Administration of Azure Recovery Services Vault, Azure FileSync, StorSimple Storage Appliances, Azure AD, Storage Accounts, Managed Disks/Snapshots.
- Windows updates and patching.
- Cloud cost control and optimization.
- Building, maintenance and backups of over 160 Windows IaaS instances.
- New office set ups, office relocations and acquisition integration work.
- Prioritize and organize work effectively in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Maintain a positive disposition and a professional image.
- Communicate technical concepts and issues in layman’s terms.
- Install and configure new HPE 10th Gen HyperV servers.
- Deploy Meraki switches and wireless access points.
- Planning and implementing IP re-numbering.
- Setup/administration of Aryaka SDWAN routers.
- Rack and stack of network/server equipment.
- Basic CAT6 cabling troubleshooting, tracing, toning, etc. Hand-on experience in datacenters and office IDFs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Science or related field from four-year college or technical school required.
- Strong knowledge of and experience troubleshooting/supporting Windows Server operating systems/O365/MS Azure/Intune/Exchange Online, OneDrive, Teams-Skype for Business & SharePoint Online, Hyper-V and VMWare, HPE server hardware.
- 5+ years of IT related experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Ability to travel to office sites across the continental US.
- Certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL v3, MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.