Energy Systems Architect II
Knoxville, TN, US
30+ days ago
Education & Experience: A BSEE degree from an accredited ABET University, preferably in a technical, engineering or business discipline. A minimum of four to five years in a consulting firm inside a formal architecture practice (business, information, security, governance, IT and data experience)
• Must have strong analytical skills
• Excellent communications and report-writing skills in English required
• Thorough understanding of TOGAF (or IAF) is required with TOGAF certification preferred
• Working knowledge of data analysis techniques
• Must be an advanced user in programs like Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Sparx Enterprise Architect
• Report presentation and discussion lead skills a must
• Work with minimal supervision, and have extreme attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with EnerNex clients to capture and develop business and technical requirements, translating those into a comprehensive
architecture (conceptual, logical and physical)
• Leading discussions and capturing the details and essence of a workshop or client interview into clear written form
• Process development and creating deployment roadmaps
• Developing business use cases and translating them to architectural requirements
• Perform routine work that conforms to all project/task requirements and that requires a basic understanding and application of
engineering theories, standards, concepts, techniques, as well as, knowledge of engineering/industry codes and government regulations
• Author white papers / technical publications within the energy systems architecture discipline to assist in building current personal /
company resume to aid in business development
• Responsible for business development within the energy systems consulting industry with specified target performance metrics
• Position requires up to 75% travel on a 3-4-5 schedule
(3 nights at hotels, 4 days working at the client site, and 5th day back at the office)
• Managing projects and understanding the difference between architecture and system decomposition to be able to manage in either
Compensation package includes competitive salary (commensurate with experience), annual performance bonus, and an attractive benefits package.
EnerNex is an electric power engineering and consulting firm specializing in the development and application of new electric power technologies. EnerNex provides engineering services, consulting, and software development and customization for energy producers, distributors, users, and research organizations. Our focus is to help our customers understand and solve electric power related issues, as well as, develop technology and expertise that will ultimately improve the operation and reliability of electric power systems.
EnerNex work includes helping develop new utility business and regulatory models, developing and analyzing utility requirements through use cased based processes, developing new utility of the future business processes and architecture, facilitating workshops and/or documenting their outcome, developing new utility operations side processes, facilitating IT/OT convergence, and supporting platform evolution and emerging technology related to microgrids, distributed generation integration, and distribution system investment.
EnerNex has a broad mix of customers that include organizations like State and Federal Agencies and Regulators. Electric utilities as well as commercial and industrial energy consumers, communications and technology companies, manufacturers, and investment firms.