LEO A DALY
LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 100 years, weâ€™ve created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
The Atlanta Studio strives to create places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable our clients to flourish with a focus on Higher Education, Healthcare, Aviation, Science and Government. We are seeking a Studio Lead, Mechanical Engineering for the Atlanta office who can lead our engineering discipline efforts and develop innovative solutions for our projects. We are looking for leadership to continue advancing our commitment to project delivery, quality and design excellence.
The successful candidate will have strong discipline skills in building mechanical engineering and can engage with the array of LEO A DALYâ€™s resources in achieving high-performance, sustainable outcomes. Commissioning experience is a plus.
- Design and execute mechanical systems engineering
- Manage and assist with marketing or our engineering group
- Work with all disciplines to build the team performance
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of Engineers, EITs, and Specialists
- Mentors and develops training and educational opportunities for our staff engineers and technicians in all aspects of the work including communication, management, project quality and sales
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development
- Performs marketing and business development activities including building relationship with key clients and strategic partners, proposal writing, fee estimates, and client interviews
- Participates in recruiting and hiring for discipline
- Assists Project Managers with fee development for engineering portions of work
- 15+ years of experience post graduate
- Bachelorâ€™s or Masterâ€™s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in mechanical engineering design including using industry standard calculation software required
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of codes and related industry standards
- Ability to travel for marketing and project-related activities
- A condition of employment for this position is complying with the company vaccination requirements.
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional credential highly preferred
- Expertise in one or two of the following markets is preferred including Higher Education, Healthcare, Aviation, Commercial Office and Government.
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers as demonstrated by work experience.
- Participation in the development of projects that have been recognized in the profession including publication and or design awards.
Why join LEO A DALY?
At LEO A DALY, you will become part of a collaborative design culture and do work that matters. As an integrated design practice, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them. Join LEO A DALY - help us transform the world.EEO Information:
LEO A DALY Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. LEO A DALY Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department by phone at 469-357-4232 or by email at Recruiting@LEOADALY.com . For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the law.