At BI WORLDWIDE we believe that people of different backgrounds, perspectives, and ideas make for a more creative company, better at solving clients' problems and delivering business results.
We are in the inspiration business!
We apply our talent to get people to change their beliefs and behaviors to produce results for our clients. We work with great companies who value their employees, customers and partners.
We're the leader because of our associates. We hire the best.
Our Technology Solutions Group is seeking an Engineering Manager to the team. The Engineering Manager will manage all aspects of product development for two large customers and lead an engineering team in both a traditional environment and a modern, Agile environment.
* Lead engineering team of 10-20.
* Manage project budgets between $2-$3M per customer.
* Lead Agile teams through all phases of development lifecycle -- definition, discovery, development, implementation, support.
* Work with Managing Director, Client Services, Sales, Customer, and others as needed to define customer roadmap, funding and staffing needs.
* Drive modernization initiatives such as continuous integration, test automation, release planning.
* Manage all aspects of development teams including backlog, development, timeline, staff.
* Champion Agile practices, and lead sprint planning & process.
* Partner with other teams, e.g., Creative, Infrastructure, Operations, other partner technical teams.
* Troubleshoots technical issues and leads service recovery plans.
* Guide and mentor all roles within the team including lead developers, developers, delivery-support expert, QA Lead.
* Champion Agile best practices within the team.
* Lead estimating efforts.
* Lead cloud migration effort and strategy transitioning applications into IBM Cloud and AWS.
* Contribute to AI strategy and lead the design, documentation, and implementation.
Required Experience & Education:
* Experience w/modern software practices: Agile & automation.
* Strong technical background, experience as a software developer.
* Excellent communication skills with developers and leaders up to CTO level.
* Provide input and insights into strategies for customer applications, modernization, and team leadership.
* Drive change and lead others through ambiguity.
* Facilitate large group meetings (e.g., 25-40 people).
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task, with a strong attention to detail.
* Ability to perform varied roles including PM, BA, and Scrum Master.
* Knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and migration paths (AWS, IBM Cloud).
* Experience implementing AI Services and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
* B/S or B/A in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled