We currently have a full-time position available for an Engineering Technician to join our team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- performing physical and electronic setup and alteration of PC’s and system networks to meet customer and contract specifications.
- testing control system products.
- packing and unpacking of PC’s and peripheral hardware as they are staged on tables or mounted in server cabinets.
- performing installations of hardware and software in several environments including Windows based servers with an emphasis on Windows 2016 server.
- establishing and configuring system networks comprised of servers, workstations, communication devices, and peripheral equipment.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- be resourceful and have an aptitude for mechanical assembly.
- be able to read an assembly drawing and construct a server cabinet by mounting slide rails and other associated hardware necessary to accommodate the installation of rack-mount PC’s, network switches / routers, KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) extenders, and monitors.
- be able to route and permanently install cables in a manner that allows full range of motion for all slide-out equipment while preparing a system that is professional in appearance and functionality.
- possess a basic understanding of Windows configuration and administration, operating system fundamentals, and network components and infrastructure including networking hardware and basic networking theory
- posses a strong knowledge of PC operating system software functionality and loading procedures.
- be personable and confident as you will be interfacing with project engineers and managers, technicians, customers, and resources at offsite locations including Mexico and Canada.