Enrichment Program Instructor-Woonsocket
YMCA of Pawtucket Inc
This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibilities. Under the direction of the Director/Coordinator the Day Camp Staff will provide leadership for an individual group of campers and or activity and assist in the effective operation of the daily camp program,ensuring a safe, enriching and healthy environment.
- Assist with the day to day operation in the assigned area
- Plan prepare and implement daily activities that are developmentally appropriate, meeting the needs of all of the children in the group
- Maintain ratios at all times
- Attend all required staff trainings and meetings
- Provide active supervision and is alert at all times (must be able to see and hear all children in your assigned group
- Provide a program that exhibits high standards in cleanliness and preparation
- Work as a team through positive approach with other staff members
- Communicate with program family members in a positive way at all times
- Demonstrates appropriate decision making abilities
- Upholds and exemplifies the YMCA values
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 18 year of age
- 1 year experience in recreation, camping or other related fields a plus.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (within 6 months of hire)
- Completion of all DCYF paperwork
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and carry/or assist children us to 50 pounds in weight
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Wages: $11.50-$15.00 based on experience