In this full-time position the Environmental Analyst will be a Project Manager and work on environmental permit acquisitions, environmental review, and construction/operation compliance management for energy infrastructure projects. This position requires technical knowledge of federal, state, and local permitting regulations to support energy-related projects, or interest in developing such skills over the course of employment.
The Environmental Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Manage projects associated with environmental review, permitting, and compliance services for clients in the energy sector (e.g., natural gas pipelines and associated facilities).
- Support projects that involve analysis of the environmental impacts of proposed energy projects, including analyses to support development of environmental permit applications, plans, and environmental compliance documents.
- Conduct and/or manage wetland and waterbody field survey, including internal or external subcontractor communication, scheduling, and associated internal and external reporting.
- Work with other internal Project Managers, regulatory agencies, and external clients in a manner that is consistent with Merjent's reputation for excellence.
qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- A. or B.S. in environmental science or environmental studies, environmental engineering, biology, or closely related field.
- 5-7 years of environmental permitting experience, with preference to work completed in the energy industry.
- 5-7 years of experience or familiarity with permitting processes through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, State Historic Preservation Offices, or other federal, state, or local regulatory agencies.
- 1-2 years of experience or familiarity with project management and/or deputy project management preferred.
- Knowledge, interest, and/or experience in hydrology, biology, wetland ecology or other field experience is a plus.
- Strong self-starter tendencies and excellent organizational/task management skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure, both in large teams and one-on-one.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in the context of a larger team with other project managers.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and interpret data from multiple sources and translate that information into direct, easy to understand written deliverables.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills. Proficient at the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); technical editing experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel domestically as needed (0-20%), depending on the needs of the project. Field work may be required depending on background and/or interest.
Merjent, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.