ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Environmental Engineer to join our growing team in the Irvine, CA. Working under the direction of project managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting storm water management, site investigation and remediation projects throughout Southern California and other US locations. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest engineering and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Conduct industrial and construction storm water inspections and assist in reporting tasks (SWPPP, ESCP, Annual reporting etc.).
- Conduct fieldwork, including sampling, drilling, well installation, remedial pilot tests, construction oversight, and remedial system operation and maintenance.
- Assist in groundwater and system performance monitoring.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- BS in chemical, civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering or related degree.
- 3 to 6 years of relevant environmental experience including environmental field work.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and EIT/PE certification a plus.
- QSP/QSD and/or QISP certification a plus
- Construction storm water experience
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work safely outdoors in variable weather conditions and on challenging terrain.
- Local candidates preferred.